Sunday, March 21, 2010

Older homes, smaller homes rock!

someone we know just bought a million dollar house. Wow. Who has a million dollars lying around. I have to say I envied her house but do not want it. Sure if I had 10 million dollars I would probably own a 1 mil dollar house. But, alas, I do not. For me, it's more important that I have a paid for house. I do not have a paid for house but the house I'm in will be paid off as soon as I get a job (next 3 years for job then 4 years after that we'll be debt free of everything, we are debt free now except the house.)

In a little house, I'm loving that my children are always close by in my 1900 sq ft home. The boys share a room and love it. There is room for my father to move in and have his own space. It's cozy. Maybe love does grow better in little houses like the song says. :)

I know that people in big homes have just as much love. There's just nowhere to go in little houses and you have to be able to work all the issues out. It makes for a good family life. I am blessed regardless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts. Please share with me!