Saturday, December 20, 2008

Lifetime of Learning crammed into a year

I realize that by some standards I'm not old...and according to others I am. But I feel like I've learned a lot in this time of my life. Today was my friends son's birthday party. It was a fun time and a blessed affair. Lots of children, candy, dirty faces, hitting, give me that back, etc. But there was a hole in our hearts. You see One year and four days ago today his mother became a statistic of domestic violence. Yes, my friends, she was murdered by her ex. This has left a hole in all our hearts. We miss her, cry for her, long to hear her, cry to see her, and in doing so we go on with our life and try to help care for her son in the best way we know how. I can't imagine a more selfish act than killing someone and thinking it will end your problems without giving a second thought to the people who loved her and who have to go on everyday.  For example her son who goes on without her and his father. Why? Why would you do this? 

We've been blessed, as her mother says, to learn from this experience that we all love and care for each other. We now keep in touch more, love each other deeper, and in general realize how short life is. Because it is very short. Well my friend, I miss you today just as much as I missed you a year ago. I'll praise you in this storm and I will lift my hands...cause you are who you are no matter where I am and every tear I cry you hold in your hand you never left my side though my heart is torn I will praise you in this storm!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts. Please share with me!