Saturday, April 16, 2011

My 10 favorite dinners to make:

1. Spaghetti (I know it's not unique but it makes my kids happy) wine, fresh garlic and parmigiana cheese, homemade sauce, whole wheat noodles...Yum).

2. New Pasta Dish It varies every week depending on what I have on hand. This week it was peppers, onion, fresh garlic and parmigiana, spinach, squash, and zuchini over whole wheat penne in a cream sauce. Uh yummo! and yes my kids eat all these weird veggies.

3. A crockpot meal of some sort. Usually chili, soup, or a roast.

4. Deer tenderloin grilled by my dh. OMG he makes the most amazing steak with this.

5. Tacos (many different kinds, rice and beans, ground turkey, or shredded pork)

6. Breakfast for dinner. Homemade waffles, quiche or one of those skillet meals. Yum.

7. Pork shoulder. OMG if you've never made one of these you have to. It makes so much food that my family of 5 can eat off of it 3x (minimum!). We will eat it plain on a plate with veggies the first day, as bbq sammies the second day, and then in a casserole or as tacos the third.

8. Pizza We love homemade pizza. I went from making my own dough to now using flour tortillas and letting everyone make their own...they add their own sauce, veggies, pepperoni, etc.

9. Stir Fry This is a great way to use up your leftovers. Throw in veggies (onions, peppers, broccoli, cauliflour, carrots etc) that need to be used or are left overs, add liquid amino, ground ginger, sesame oil, rice and eat. You can add meat. Sometimes we do and sometimes we don't. I'm trying to lower our consumption of meat. Shhh don't tell my family.

10. Baked or grilled salmon, roasted asparagus and a salad. Or we might have shrimp, roasted asparagus, and a salad. Jeez now I'm hungry with no plan for dinner tonight. :)

What do you make that I can add to my list? I need fresh ideas. What's for dinner?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts. Please share with me!