Monday, April 18, 2011

We had the best night one evening this past week...

I wasn't in the mood to cook. However, my dh and I managed to pull an amazing dinner together. He made deer tenderloin (like a very good steak) with onions and mushrooms. I was in charge of green beans and leftover macncheese (see made this about food). After dinner all 5 of us went on a bike ride on the greenway. So fun. We have a 5 year old who doesn't ride fast. But she's so cute in all her gear singing while she rides. So he and I took turns not getting any exercise on our bikes and riding beside her. We would then ride back to give the other person a chance to ride and get some exercise. It was amazing.

After this we came home and played basketball on the driveway. My dh and I were making baskets. He was complaining about how bad he played. I said, hey look we didn't all have basketball goals like I did growing up. Not all of us can be as good. (I know, so humble, right?) It was on like donkey kong after that. lol He showed me up. A. has her own baskeball goal but she's not impressed and thinks it is too big for her. Right....

After that we threw the ball to the goofy dog. Then came inside got the kids in bed and watched a movie. Unstoppable is a really good movie. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time. It was truly one of the best nights for our family. I dare say it was better than date night. Although oddly enough it kind of felt like a date night. Weird. :) Hmm, maybe a family date night should be on our list of things to do.

1 comment:

I love to hear your thoughts. Please share with me!