Monday, October 3, 2011

Ten foods that will help you feel fuller longer!

I'm constantly looking for something that will fill up my boys. Here's what I found works best.

Rice (brown) Easy to make but not a quick food. It takes about 40 minutes to cook.

Potatoes Easy to cook and my kids love them. Make them red potatoes if you want to bulk up fiber.


Oatmeal Very filling and little to no fat. Sometimes this will be my lunch while working from home.

Whole wheat bread...is there any other kind? According to my family there is and they are very deprived from getting it! lol

Beans are an inexpensive meal stretcher. I'll even add beans to tacos to make the meal stretch. My kids really put away tacos.

Popcorn If you buy the kind you have to pop yourself and do it on the stove it is sooo good.

Apples Portable food that makes you not hungry anymore. Great to eat in the car on the way to get your errands tackled.

Artichokes I tried to make these one night and it was most definitely an Artichoke fail. (how do you cook these? Does anyone know?)

Whole Wheat Pasta is a great meal stretcher and fills you up! I did not, I repeat, did not say white pasta.

Lentils I found a great mediterrean salad made with lentils and it definitely is filling!

What is your go to food to keep you full?

Technorati Tags: , , ,

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dina,
    You do have some good stuff there.

    Whole wheat bread with a mint sauce, greens, cucumbers and tomatoes carries me through a good 5-6 hours.

    There's always carrots and hummus. Utterly filling and keeps the pounds away!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts. Please share with me!