Tuesday, August 30, 2011

What to do, What to do?




My children are all in school now. I am loving my time at home. Every day I have a new job that I wasn't able to get done before. Yesterday I cleaned my freezer. Today I'm cleaning under my sink and throwing out old food that I canned years ago and then forgot about! lol I was getting prepared to make freezer blueberry jam but realized I was missing an ingredient. I'll get to that tomorrow. I did make my dh shortbread cookies and I made more maple syrup for our waffles. Tomorrow I will make ranch dressing and the blueberry freezer jam. What odd jobs have you begun working on now that the kids are back in school?

Maple Syrup Recipe (I can't remember where I found this to give credit (cooks.com maybe?)! doh!)

2c water
2c sugar
1 tsp maple extract

bring sugar and water to boil, stirring often. Then pull the pan off the stove and add the extract. Let cool and bottle. One bottle of extract makes a lot of maple syrup!

I'll post the blueberry freezer jam after I make it and I see that it turns out! lol

Very excited about my lunch with friends tomorrow. It's my "old" church group and should be fun. I can't wait to see some of the people who I had lost touch with. Are there any foods that you prefer to make at home instead of purchase (like my maple syrup)? Feel free to share your recipes or links here. I love looking at new recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts. Please share with me!