Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Dance with me?

There's something so simple you can do to keep the spark alive in a marriage. My hubby and I went to take dance lessons last night. We were both worried that we wouldn't like it. I knew a bit about it as I have taken line dancing in the past and loved it. Each time I went they would even teach us the steps of a waltz or rhumba. Worried for nothing. It turns out it was the best thing I have ever done with him. Our instructor was a very funny lady and she did a great job. She kept us laughing and everyone else as well. And we weren't laughing about our dancing either! :) They taught us how to hold each other so we know where the other person will lead us to (called lead and follow). It all made so much sense. We are going back tonight for another class. You know my husband liked it if he was even willing to pay for more lessons.

After being married for 18 years, it's good to know there are still things we can learn together. It's important for us and our marriage that we take time to have nights out. As a mom of 3 children, I know how hard it is to leave them and go on a date. But it's so intrinsically important to your relationship and your marriage. It's worth it so you can have a good relationship as a family, not just as husband and wife.

What do you do to keep the spark alive?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts. Please share with me!