Friday, November 11, 2011

Shaving Cream Through a Child's Eyes

How did I get this old? My 14 year old son was being taught how to shave the other day. It's so hard to believe I have a son old enough to need shaving cream! My husband was being so patient as he taught him how to shave. My second son, who is 9, stood there and took it all in. You could see by the look on his face he was completely entranced with what they were doing. We even put shaving cream on him and let him "shave" it off with a plastic knife. This is the way memories are made. Both of my boys will remember this for the rest of their life.



It's such a special time for a teen boy as he begins using shaving cream to shave his face. Teaching him to be careful, how to properly put on the shaving cream, which direction you should pull the razor in, all this has to be taught. It's not just an innate instinct. But the quality time as they shave together and learn together is so priceless.  I found myself wishing my husband still had his shaving brush and soap so they could learn the original way to shave. Hmm, maybe a Christmas present for the teenager. I digress. Remember, they grow up so fast. Let them. You will make new memories that will last you a lifetime. Who knew I could get so sentimental about shaving!






I am participating in a blogger campaign by Bucks2Blog about shaving cream
and was compensated. However, the views and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts. Please share with me!