Thursday, December 8, 2011

Kidney stones stink

They caused me to say words I've never said before. Take me to the hospital. I thought I was dying. I knew surgery was in my future. I know I'm not dramatic at all. We wait all day in the ER in a state I do not live in only to find out that the nurse who signed me in diagnosed me 6 hours before. The dr never looked at my tests or blood work and said I think you have a twisted ovary. Not the first time I was told I was twisted. I asked if she looked at my bloodwork? No I need to do that. Uh, I'm no Dr but duh, you think?

Finally after 6 hours in the ER with me dozing off and on the whole time I was allowed to go home. This after I was supposed to be making a 9 hour drive that day. I'm so glad we left later then we thought as I wouldn't have wanted to go through that in a town we didn't know.

Yesterday more symptoms of kidney stones. I'm hoping that they hurry along and pass. Here's my symptoms: pain in my left quadrant over my ovary area, nausea and vomiting and both the pain and nausea came in waves. They asked me how my pain was on a scale of 1-10 and I said an 8. The thing about kidney stones is that unless you have had one before you have no idea what is going on. I've never said the words, "take me to the hospital".

I was with my mom. She wanted to take me to a walk in clinic. No, take me to the hospital. I was certain I would be having surgery that day. Something had to come out! Pain like that can't be tolerated long. Anyway at the moment I'm feeling fine. Hopefully I can get some groceries bought later today and not be on pain meds so I can drive. Drinking water now in the hopes that I can get rid of them mean stones. :) How was your weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts. Please share with me!