Monday, February 13, 2012

Kids Love Camp!

As a kid I loved going to camp. I remember, to this day, sitting around the campfire making dinner. S'mores were always on the menu too. Staying in either tents or those buildings and being with your friends doing all the activities that are offered is so much fun! I want my teen to have that same adventure and fun in his life. Going to summer camp is simply making memories.

My son is a honor roll student who would love nothing more than to have that camp experience. He is sweet with children and takes pride in babysitting his brother and sister. He has a sweet and giving spirit. I don't think there is a mean bone in his body. He is kind to others and has a funny sense of humor. I am biased as I am his mother and think he is pretty great! He plays violin and is second violin first chair. He's artsy and musical and an amazing boy! He would be an asset to the camp. I would bet that the next year he would even want to go back as a counselor. First a camper and then a counselor, what could be better?

Looking around at the Catalina Island Camps you see all the amazing activities there. They have: sailing, kayaking, snorkeling, target courses, climbing ropes, challenges for each camper, outdoor cooking and even arts and crafts. What a great week or two of fun at this camp.

The mission statement of the Catalina Islands Camp is that they develop "life long skills through fun and unique outdoor experiences in a community that cultivates respect for self, others and the environment." Who wouldn't want their child to go there. It's on a beach outside of LA in a beautiful and serene setting. It's not all serene though with the challenging activities they have for the campers. They go through challenges and team building experiences. They even have goals for their campers. The goals are: they will develop a positive identity, better social skills, and become a contributing team member with an appreciate of nature! I love it and my know my teenage son would love it too. Thanks for the opportunity Sits girls and CIC.



I am entering to win a session of summer camp for a child at Catalina Island Camps from The SITS Girls!