Thursday, February 16, 2012

Local Businesses Need to Utilize Google Maps!


Nothing annoys me more than finding out about a local business and not being able to find them on the internet. In this day and age there is really no excuse for it. I run straight to the internet to look businesses up. If I had my choice they wouldn't give me a yellow pages ever again! It's so easy to get listed on the internet so that people can find you. When the company puts Google Maps optimization to work then you can also find the company so much easier!

I love when that map pops up to show you where the company is at in your town. I did this in my craigslist ad for an apartment I'm trying to rent. All I did was give a general area where the apartment was listed and google maps immediately popped up to show me (and whoever else is looking at my ad) where the apartment is at. How cool is that! What a great tool to utilize so that your customers can find you. Isn't that what you want?

Here's how to utilize Google Maps optimization.

1. Go to maps.google.com

2. Use the put your business on google maps link on their site.

3. Check out their tutorial if you need too.

It really is that simple to make your local customers happy. Even phones are outdated in this day and age. Make sure your internet presence allows your customers to find you easily. Your customers will thank you!

I am participating in a blogger campaign by Bucks2Blog and was compensated. However, the views and opinions are my own.