Friday, January 27, 2012

Cleaning my floors is not my favorite thing!

But it has to be done. It needs to be done right now in my house as I sit here typing. I decided I needed to find new ways to clean my laminate floor and looked up a search for floor cleaning news.

I do all the normal stuff. I tried various vacuums for my laminate floors. My favorite is my cordless vacuum that is very lightweight and rechargeable. Sometimes with 2 dogs I have a lot of hair that sheds and ends up on my floor. There are times when my lightweight vacuum will not pick it all up. Should I look into industrial vacuums? Probably not, but it doesn't hurt to look, does it?

Once I have swept, either with my floor mop or my vacuum, I then need to mop. The downside to having laminate floors is that I have to mop them. However, I used to hate vacuuming and now don't mind it so much. The fact that I have so much less dirt on my filters makes me think that my decision to put in laminate floors and rip out the carpet was a good one. My family has a lot of allergies and the fact that I vacuum every day has helped our allergies so much. They've almost disappeared.