Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Website set up is so much easier than it used to be!


I designed and had my first website set up back in 2003. It was such a pain. An endless process of CSS sheets, word editing, html and not very good photo quality. Today's online website builder makes it so much easier. You can have a website up and going in as little as a few hours. It took us a month to get our first website launched. I'd have much rather done it in a few hours.

If you are selling items you need to have a good shopping cart.  One, which is not only easy to set up, but, has great customer service should you need help. I had my e-store for over 5 years and had the pleasure of working with Intuit. They were the ones that had my shopping cart and made my life so much simpler. I never had to worry if my money from my sales was going to be deposited. It was always deposited and on time. Not one time did I have to call and find out why I didn't have my money. That's good business!

When you start out setting your site up, make sure you take advantage of the templates that are out there. You can always improve your site later. Make it as easy on yourself as possible so that you get it up and going. You need to choose a good source to host it. I have hosted my site with a little guy and a big named guy. I had great results with both. You just need to do your homework and ask questions of those that have done this before you. References are always a good business decision. Good luck and enjoy your new venture.

I am participating in a blog campaign for Bucks2Blog for an online website builder
company and was compensated. However, the views and opinions are
my own.