Monday, January 2, 2012

New Years Eve we were robbed.


We met another couple out and went to a restaurant for dinner. I wasn't even hungry. But we had a good time hanging out with our friends. All 4 of us could have sworn we locked the car. But, alas, we did not. When we came out my Ipod touch and radar detector were gone. A navigation unit sat in the floor of the van and they didn't even touch it. Those criminals had better obtain a good California criminal lawyer!

We thought about going to the police station that night. But decided they were a bit too busy to be bothered about an Ipod and an old radar detector. The radar detector we had discussed throwing out anyway. So, we left it until the next day. We have the serial number on the Ipod touch and we took it with us and went to the police department. While there, the officer taking our report asked us if we wanted to press charges if they were caught. We had to think about it. But, we said that yes we did.

So, criminals you need to get you a criminal defense attorney Los Angeles. The people who you are taking from have decided to press charges if we can find you. It's always better to get a job than to steal from others. Honestly, we don't even care that much about either item. It's just the principle of it. I pray that they needed the Ipod more than I did and that it will put food on their table. Instead of being thugs that just don't want to work and take things from others so that they don't have to.

10 comments:

  1. Stealing is degrading for all parties involved. I am sorry you had to be in that position. I hope justice gets served.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. It makes you aware of how vulnerable you are. I'm being extra cautious even at my house. Yeesh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally understand..our house was broken into about ten years ago and the violation you feel is so tremendous. The damage to the house was fixed but the stealing of such sentimental things as the first ring John ever bought me and my mothers wedding band and the security my kids did not feel for some time were the worst. My stuff is mine..criminals need to get a job and some couth! I hope your thief is caught..ours were not!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I doubt ours will be caught either debbie. But it's worth a shot. If they needed it for food I hope that they don't get caught. If they needed it because they're jerks then I hope that they do. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dina, this is so frustrating!!! What a way to end the year! I hope for everyone's sake that it was someone trying to find food. Not Your Ordinary Agent
    Not Your Ordinary Recipes

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry that happened that's awful. My husbands semi was broken into about a year ago (around this time). The thief took his clothes (including underwear) GPS, and an inverter. He reported it because it was his companies semi, and nothing ever came about it. For *hits n giggles my husband decided to look on craigslist in the area it was all stolen while he was out on the road. There was a GPS that looked just like his as well as an inverter that looked like his. No proof it was his because my mom desperately tried looking for the paper work for the GPS for the serial # as she had bought it for him for Christmas. By the time she found the paperwork it was too late. The items had been apparently sold because the post had been deleted. I don't understand why people do this but I do believe in Karma and I believe it will all catch up with them. I'd at least try craigslist you never know what you'll find on there, but I wouldn't contact them I would get with the police involved quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sad part is sweetie, It wont go to putting food on the table or clothes for thier poor kids. Its already in crackville with the drugs already used and they have been back at stealing to do it agian since. Them cops arent gona do anything and laughed when ya walked out. Thats thier way of doing things everywhere just like the criminals do. Its a pretty sad circle for the good honest people out here but ita the truth! Seen it happen 100 times and it makes me sick. Theyre not gona do anything to them even if they do catch them and wont do anything to get thier starving kids out of harms way either.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That really sucks. I had my house burglarized twice. It's really a violation.

    Just popping over the the Alexa Drop Hop! I am now following on GFC and G+!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sorry to hear that this happened to you. :( In December of 2002, a few weeks before Christmas, my husband and I woke up to our car missing. While the car was an older one - a 1996 Plymouth Acclaim with high mileage - it was the only car that we had, and we were quite poor at the time (living in an efficiency apartment, both of us working full time in fast food & retail), and so it was quite a blow. The car was recovered (but of course not the belongings in it, including all of our CDs and the car stereo), but it was damaged beyond repair.

    You never quite get over that kind of violation. I'm glad nothing of sentimental value was taken, and that the vehicle itself is okay. I hope that the thieves are apprehended!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts. Please share with me!